pbehrani

I Don't see K-1 income 20% deduction - 199A - being propogated to line 9 of 1040. Has this feature been implemented in Turbotax premier. Would appreciate feedback.

dmertz
Level 15

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

It's not yet fully implemented for income from partnerships and S corps, but progress is being made.  It appears that with today's release the it's now possible to make the necessary entries in forms mode, but it's not yet supported in step-by-step mode.  I would not trust the results from entering in forms mode; TurboTax's accuracy guarantee is void with respect to errors on your tax return related to making entries in forms mode.

Given the progress, there seems to be a good chance that next week's release will have the full implementation, still before the January 28 opening day for filing with the IRS.

pbehrani

Good Morning, Has this functionality been implemeted yet? Thanks
dmertz
Level 15

It appears that the reporting of QBI from partnerships and S corps is now implemented in release R14.  You'll need to go back through the entry of the Schedule K-1 (perhaps even deleting and reentering the K-1).  However, TurboTax's Schedule K-1 forms have not yet been finalized, so you won't be able to e-file until these are finalized.
bobwa

It still didn't work for me. I input all numbers, but the line for 199a deduction on 1040 form is blank. Can you give me some advice how to fix that?
MZVA

I entered the CBI income on line 17 of the K-1 myself and then in populated through to the other forms correctly.
pbehrani

I believe for K-1 line 17, you need to use code V along with QBI income.