New Member

My son is 17. high school. earned $2500. completed tax return. Got all taxes that were deducted back. Can I claim him as a dependent on my tax return?

New Member

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

When his return was filed, did you (or he) mark that he could be claimed as a dependent? Because if he was marked as dependent, you can claim him. If not, he would need to file an amendment stating that he can be claimed and you would have to file your taxes by mail.

View solution in original post