You should have received a Form 1099-R for the annuities. Here's how to enter the Form 1099-R in TurboTax.
- In TurboTax Self-Employed or Home & Business click Personal Income. (In other editions click the Federal Taxes tab.)
- Click Wages & Income.
- Click "I'll choose what I work on" or "Jump to a full list."
- On the screen "Your 2016 Income Summary," scroll down to the section "Retirement Plans and Social Security."
- Click the Start, Update, or Revisit button for "IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R)."
Enter the information into TurboTax exactly as it appears on the 1099-R. If a box on the 1099-R is blank, leave it blank in TurboTax; don't enter zero. After you enter the 1099-R TurboTax will ask you a number of questions. Read the questions carefully and be sure to answer them accurately.
To enter a form 1099-R
· Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using SE version)
· Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using SE version )
· Click on I'll choose what I work on
· Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
· On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button