rayturbox

I do not have Federal ID and Subscriber ID, because I have Medicare for health insurance. E file would not process. What can I do >

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If this is for your Massachusetts state return:

If you did not receive a 1099-HC, the Massachusetts Department of Revenue says:

You can call your insurer or your employer's human resources department or benefits administrator for help, if you get health coverage through your job. If your insurer or your employer is unable to assist you, please refer to the Benefits Required Under MCC section below to see if your policy meets these requirements. If your plan meets all of the requirements, you may certify that you were enrolled in a plan that met the MCC requirements during that time period. See the link to their site at the bottom.

If you did not receive Form 1099-HC for your Massachusetts return, check the box to indicate you didn't receive a 1099-HC, and enter the name of your insurance company (medicare) and your medicare number.  If you do not have this information, you may call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or go to www.mymedicare.gov  You have minimum creditable coverage MCC if you have Medicare Part A or B

Steps to complete the Massachusetts State portion of your return if you have no 1099-HC form:

·         Sign into TurboTax

·         Click on the State section, on the left menu and you will then be guided through the State interview process

·         On the screen, Let's Go Over Your Health Insurance Information, click Continue 

·         When you come to the interview question When did you have minimum creditable coverage (MCC)? you will select the appropriate option which applies to your Health Insurance coverage

·         When you come to the interview question What type of health insurance did you have in 2017? you will be prompted to select either option I had private insurance (including ConnectorCare) or I had something else.

·         Check the box, I didn't receive a 1099-HC from this insurance company.

click here for Mass healthcare information

Please use any numbers and/or letters but do not enter any special characters such as - or *  or spaces. There are error messages to alert the entry of any special characters or spaces and several companies include letters and numbers. Please be sure there are no extra spaces at the beginning or the end and if you have “copy and pasted” some of the numbers, please clear out the entire field and type them in manually, as there might be hidden formatting in the part copied.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

That answer is partially incorrect. If you have Medicare, the correct answer to What type of health insurance did you have in 2017? is <name> had something else. You'll then see the What type of insurance was it? question, and can check Medicare. You won't be asked for 1099-HC information, as it isn't required when you have Medicare.