I received an employee wage arbitration settlement & a 1099-misc showing taxes already deducted. When entering 1099-misc info using turbo tax, the software wants to deduct taxes again. I can't find how to enter taxes already paid in boxes 1-6. Help?
Please follow the instructions below:
- Log into your TurboTax Account and access your current Tax Return
- From the Welcome Screen find the Search Box in the upper-right hand corner of the screen
- In the Search Box enter 1099-MISC and press enter
- From the options that appear click on Jump to 1099-MISC
- TurboTax will show you a common template of a 1099. Click Continue
- The next page will allow you to enter the information from your 1099-MISC
- Initially the page only shows Boxes 1,2,3 and 7 to see the rest select the box next to "My Form has other info in boxes 1-18.
- You will now be able to enter the Federal Income Tax Withheld that is reported in Box 4. Please keep in mind, if there is no amount in Box 4 they did not withhold Federal Taxes from this income.
I have included some screenshots so that you may know what you are looking for