New Member

I have full custody of my child. Do I need to fill out form 8435?

Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

No, you, as the custodial parent, are not required to complete Form 8332 to attach to your own return.  If you should decide to waive the exemption of your child to the noncustodial parent, then you would complete this form, provide it to the noncustodial parent because they are required to attach it (and mail it to the IRS with Form 8453) to their return.