New Member

There was a death in the family and we still need to file our taxes but we are out of town and do not have our w2 or any paper work with us, what should we do?

Intuit Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You need to file an extension.  You can do this with TurboTax.  If you have not entered any of your tax information in TurboTax, you will need to estimate your tax liability and tax payments.  Then as soon as you can, you need to determine  if you owe the IRS or state a payment and send the payment as soon as possible.