Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I put a self employment income on my tax return and do not want to not file it because they are causing issues with completing my return. can someone help me? thanks.

I would like to cancel this self employment part of the return because I don't know how to prove I did the work.
3 Replies

I put a self employment income on my tax return and do not want to not file it because they are causing issues with completing my return. can someone help me? thanks.

In order to delete your self-employed information - you will need to go back to your "Personal Information" and uncheck both that you were self-employed and the province below it. (If you entered one) 

Then you will go to the "income" section and scroll down till you see self-employment and click there and go through and delete what you entered.

Thanks I appreciate the help, I think ive figured out the issue.

Great to hear- if you have any questions please feel free to ask!