Where do I enter my Traditional or Roth IRA? - Community

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes

Pick a language

English Français
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
,Created with Sketch.949 helpful votes

Where do I enter my Traditional or Roth IRA?

To enter your 2019 IRA contribution (money you put into your IRA), open your return, search for ira contributions and select the Jump to link in the search results. We'll take you to the Traditional IRA and Roth IRA screen where you can start the IRA interview.

If you need to enter a 2019 IRA distribution (money you took out of your IRA), or a conversion, rollover, or recharacterization, this is reported on a Form 1099-R, which you should get from your IRA custodian by mid-February. Once you have your 1099-R, enter it in TurboTax.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Privacy Settings