Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

This is my first time filing my taxes, got rejected because of my SSN and last name not matching and now I can’t fix it because it’s too late. My only option to file is mail now but has some

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

This is my first time filing my taxes, got rejected because of my SSN and last name not matching and now I can’t fix it because it’s too late. My only option to file is mail now but has some

Late has nothing to do with e-Filing. You have till Oct 15

If you can't e-File, file on paper via US  mail

But I made a mistake on my last name and middle name. They’re switched and forgot to mention about my Roth IRA contribution as well. Then what do I do?

If you have not filed you can go back in and fix it and enter the ROTH contribution.
Click on Add a State to let you back into your retun.

You can still fix it and resend it until Oct 15.  Being late should not prevent you from Efiling.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies