or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpiritedBurrito
Level 1

Stimulus check

Hello, I have been trying to reach someone over the phone just to ask a question but the automatic machine is just a pain. Now I’ve been hearing a lot about how payments are being delayed for TurboTax card holders but what about those who used TurboTax services through direct deposit ? I filed my taxes BEFORE this mess occurred in mid-late February. I used direct deposit for my payout options and didn’t have to pay anything extra. I’m asking is there still a delay for those who don’t have a TurboTax card? I’m wondering why I haven’t received my stimulus when I filed way before some of my family and friends who also use turbo tax and they received theirs and I haven’t. This is getting ridiculous because no one from anywhere can give us answers ! I just need to know if turbo tax is the issue or is it something else? Because I qualify for a stimulus payment. I have low income, citizen, and I filed this year for 2019 taxes. So.. what’s the hold up? My family desperately needs this money for food and bills. 

2 Replies
DoninGA
Level 15

Stimulus check

If you filed a 2018 or 2019 federal tax return with a federal tax refund and selected Direct Deposit for the tax refund then the IRS has your direct deposit information.  It does not matter if you selected the Direct Deposit to a bank account or to a debit card, the routing and account number is used for Direct Deposit.

Use this IRS website for stimulus payment status or to update your bank account - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

SpiritedBurrito
Level 1

Stimulus check

Thank you. This is what I’ve been trying to find out for the longest. I appreciate you taking the time to answer me and I apologize for sounding aggressive but it’s been a very stressful situation. 

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v