Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Set up auto file and pay for 4/15. Trbo Tx software says I haven't filed yet. Tried to file today, but it won't file unless I pay for state. Payment online didn't work.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Set up auto file and pay for 4/15. Trbo Tx software says I haven't filed yet. Tried to file today, but it won't file unless I pay for state. Payment online didn't work.

You can set up a future payment date but there is no such thing as auto-file.  You have to go all the way through the filing steps to file your returns.  That means either printing, signing, and mailing the return OR electronically filing the return.  

Simply finish your tax return, select File in the left menu, and follow the instructions until you can select the Transmit my returns now button.

You must select that button to electronically send your return to the government.

Once you've done that, the next thing you should see is a Transmission Successful screen. This means your return is on its way to the government agency.

Your e-filed return will remain in pending status until the government either accepts or rejects it. 

If you want to make a payment through the IRS instead of through your tax return, use this link.  It lists other ways you can pay your taxes also.  IRS - Make a Payment

WalChar

this is not me

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@WalChar Do you also have a question regarding this topic?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies