or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debbyaegerter
Returning Member

Schedule K-1 Form 2041

Today I received a Schedule K-1 for a Final 1041 for an estate.  I have already filed my taxes and have received a refund.  What do I do?

4 Replies
tagteam
Level 15

Schedule K-1 Form 2041

You can provide more details on exactly what is included on the K-1 you received. 

If entry of the K-1 increases your federal or state tax liability, you will need to amend your return.

debbyaegerter
Returning Member

Schedule K-1 Form 2041

The K-1 is Beneficiary's Share on Income, Deductions, Credits

The following is included

on my K-1  in Box 11 there is:                                       Final year deductions

11.   A*              681

C                  12

D             1,774

E              1,774

Other information

in Box 14:                               14.   B*                     1

The box is checked for the final 1041 for the estate or trust

Nothing in any other of the boxes.

sweattb
Level 1

Schedule K-1 Form 2041

I am waiting for a K-1 (which is a worthless investment) and I want to file because of the Coronavirus checks. I know there will be no income, maybe a loss. Is it necessary to file an amended return.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Schedule K-1 Form 2041

If adding the K-1 makes no change to your balance due or refund, there is no need to amend.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Privacy Settings
v