Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

Income increase

Hi! We will be increasing our income to 75k a year. Last year I think our AGI was around 56k. We have 4 small children in Missouri. Last year our refund was around 8K claiming 6 allowances federal. We file married filing jointly. 

we will be filling out a new w4 in January. How do we fill this out to maximize our paycheck during the year? 


1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

Income increase

Hi Mmhenning,


First, let me say congratulations on your increase in income! 

TurboTax has a great tool in place to help with your very situation. The W-4 Withholding Calculator can be accessed via the following link: 


It is a great idea to plan ahead when there are significant changes to your tax situation! TaxCaster, by TurboTax is a great way to get a better understanding of your new tax situation and how it may affect your tax refund or balance due. You can access it from the following link: .


Best regards,



**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings