Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

My adjusted refund?

Received letter from IRS March 11 indicating I would receive an adjusted refund. Have not received it yet how do I contact them?

1 Reply
Level 15

My adjusted refund?

If there is a phone number on their letter, use that. Otherwise:

IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.
First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

  • Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent, but there is likely to be a long wait.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings