You can enter the income reported to you on a 1099-MISC as Other Common Income, which is reported on line 21 of the 1040 Schedule 1 and will not generate Schedule C or SE tax. Please use the following steps:
- Click on Federal > Wages & Income.
- Scroll down to the 1099-MISC and Other Common Income section.
- Click on the Start/Update box next Income from Form 1099-MISC.
- If you've already entered the 1099-MISC you will see the 1099-MISC Summary.
- Click Edit next to the 1099-MISC.
- On the screen, Did the XX involve work that's like [your] main job? Answer No.
- On the screen, How often did [you] get income for [XX]? Mark that you got it in 2018.
- Answer Did it involve an intent to earn money? No
The income will appear on Schedule 1, line 21.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"