Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ssloan0516
Returning Member

In filing my 1099-NEC, how do I show my expense of paying my co-worker/business partner?

In filing my 1099-NEC, how do I show my expense of paying my co-worker/business partner?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Please explain.   Do you mean you have a business partner?   A domestic partner?   ,

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
ssloan0516
Returning Member

I have a 1099 for all profit, I gave my business partner half of the earnings, but I see nowhere that I can fill out on my tax return that I have given him that money. I filled out a 1096 and the IRS has that, and my business partner was given a 1099 from me with the amount I paid him. So my question is how do I show that I gave half of my earnings to someone so that I am not taxed the full amount?

ssloan0516
Returning Member

1099-NEC to be specific

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies