Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mobileguy30

Hi. I thought what I owe alabama would be paid from my federal returns. I received the full federal returns instead. What should I do.now please?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Lisa995
Level 12

Hi. I thought what I owe alabama would be paid from my federal returns. I received the full federal returns instead. What should I do.now please?

State tax due cannot be paid from the federal refund, its just not an option.  You'll need to make payment to the state yourself, unless you scheduled for the state tax to be direct debited from your account.   You should review the instruction page that printed out with the copy of the tax returns you printed for your records.

If no automatic payment is scheduled, you can review the payment option on the Alabama state website.

https://revenue.alabama.gov/make-a-payment/

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lisa995
Level 12

State tax due cannot be paid from the federal refund, its just not an option.  You'll need to make payment to the state yourself, unless you scheduled for the state tax to be direct debited from your account.   You should review the instruction page that printed out with the copy of the tax returns you printed for your records.

If no automatic payment is scheduled, you can review the payment option on the Alabama state website.

https://revenue.alabama.gov/make-a-payment/

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies
v
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-_~