my state refund has been rejected several times for my agi. i entered 0 for my federal agi so i entered 0 for my state agi. is that not the right number to enter for my state refund. i didnt file taxes last year 2017 but i filed 2016. the error rejection codes i keep getting is IL1040-8000-2 can someone please help???
- Open your tax return, if it's not already open.
- Select File and proceed to the Sign Your Illinois Return screen.
- On this screen, select I don't have my Illinois 2017 Adjusted Gross Income.
- Enter your signature information in only one of the signature option fields, leaving the others blank:
- 2017 AGI from line 1 of your 2017 Form IL-1040 (not your federal AGI from your IRS 1040 form); or
- 8-digit Illinois PIN, which you might be able look up at the Illinois Department of Revenue's website; or
- Illinois driver's license number or State ID (info from other states won't work; must be from Illinois).
- Note: If you didn't file an Illinois return in 2016 and 2017, this is the only signature option available to you. If you don't have an Illinois driver's license or state ID, you'll be filing a paper return this year.
- If you are unable to supply any of these items, STOP. You cannot e-file this year. Click Back until you get to where you can change your filing option to file by mail.
- Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to resubmit your return.
If your return gets rejected again with the same error, try a different signature option in Step 4
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"