Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member


I filed my tax forms and notice that turbo tax has made an improper calculation.  How do I get this corrected.

2 Replies
Level 9


If you already filed and your return has inaccurate information, you'll need to wait until the IRS either accepts or rejects your return before you can make any changes. 
  • If they reject it, you just make the needed changes and re-submit the return. 
  • If they accept it, you will need to wait until they fully process it and you have received your refund (or paid taxes due) and then amend that return to make changes. Amended returns must be printed and mailed. 
You can find amend instructions here How do I amend a 2017 return in TurboTax?
Level 13


Could you tell us in detail what you think the improper calculation was? Remember that we can't see your return.


As Andrea says, if you need to amend your return, you'll want to wait a bit, but we would like to see if this is really an issue.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings