• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christianc117

Can I claim a dependent if she earned interest from corporate bonds totaling $11,000? She lived with me all year and I supported her 100%, but doesn't have a disability.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SweetieJean
Level 15

Can I claim a dependent if she earned interest from corporate bonds totaling $11,000? She lived with me all year and I supported her 100%, but doesn't have a disability.

Her income is too high for you to claim her. Sorry.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SweetieJean
Level 15

How old was she on 12/31/2018?  Was she a full time student in 2018?
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Is she related to you? If so, what is the relationship?

If she is not related to you, you cannot claim her as a dependent, because of her income.
christianc117

She is my younger sister
christianc117

She is 57 and I'm 60
SweetieJean
Level 15

We still need to know:
How old was she on 12/31/2018?  Was she a full time student in 2018?
SweetieJean
Level 15

Her income is too high for you to claim her. Sorry.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v