I did my 2018 taxes with your software. I just realized that my efile was rejected. I cannot find my file for my 2018 tax to re-do it again. Is there a way to get what I input and tried to efile last year? I still have that email and I have paid & done my 2019 taxes with yall again. When I try to fix it from last year's rejected email it just takes me back to my 2019 taxes that I just did. Please help.
You can not e-file a 2018 return as e-filing for 2018 ended in Oct 2019. If you started your 2016, 2017, or 2018 return in TurboTax Online but weren't able to file it before the shutdown, you can finish and paper-file it in the TurboTax download software for PC or Mac.
Start by purchasing and downloading the software and install it on your computer. If you're also filing a state, be sure to download and install the corresponding state program (PC instructions | Mac instructions).
- Now sign in at TurboTax.com using the same login you used to prepare your prior-year return.
- If you don't remember it, try account recovery. Still no luck? Then just start over in the TurboTax software you downloaded and skip the rest of these instructions.
- Under Your tax returns & documents, select Download .tax file (not the PDF) for the prior year you want and save it to your computer.
- Back in the CD/download software, select Find a Tax File, and then browse to the tax data file you downloaded in the previous step.
- Select the file and click Open.
- You can now finish up in the software. Your return will need to be paper-filed, as e-filing prior years is no longer available.
- What if I missed the October 15 filing deadline?
- Can I convert my PDF into a tax data file, or vice-versa?
- What if I missed the October 20 deadline to re-submit my rejected 2018 return?
- How do I prepare a full-year resident state return?
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"