Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member


I e-filed my taxes a few weeks ago, and they've been accepted. I forgot that my school was sending a 1098-T (I graduated in Feb 2018, so I wasn't expecting it). I am wondering if it would be worth it to amend my taxes to add this information. My school did classify me as at least a half-time student and grad student (Box 8 and 9 were checked). My tuition expenses were around $4200 for the 1.5 months I was in school. 

Note: I believe I already received an education credit a few years in the past, so I am not sure that I still qualify for that? 


Any advice is appreciated. 

2 Replies
Employee Tax Expert


It might be worth it to amend.  You may qualify for the Lifetime Learning Credit.  See this about Education Tax Credits.  


If you do decide to amend, it's best to wait until your taxes are fully processed.  It's a bit too early to amend right now, but should be soon.  Here are the instructions for when that option is available How to Amend a Return You Previously Filed. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
New Member


Thanks so much for the info. I will wait and see if it is worth the hassel to amend the return later.

Thanks so much,

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies