turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

Section 179

I have passive income from a K1 in one state and live in another. Can I take sec 179 deduction in both states?

This feature is pending. Thanks for your patience.
Didn't get the answer you wanted? Our digital assistant can help you.
2 Replies

Section 179

if the property qualifies for 179 you can take it for federal purposes. states have their own laws regarding 179. some allow it. some don't some limit it. we need to know the states.


Employee Tax Expert

Section 179

Hi Nousti, 


Usually when you receive a K-1, there's Federal K-1 and a State K-1 (this one should specify the State in which you may be to take the Section 179). 


Hope this helps, 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies