Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Self employed
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
The OK SCorp program (512-S) of the Turbo Tax Desktop Business program did not provide a way to enter and submit OW-8-P-SUP-C, which annualizes my business income over 4 qtrs, allowing me to avoid penalty and interest for underwithholding. This is ve... read more
BoydBob1 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post yesterday by KristinaK
A payer I worked for in 2016 sent me a 1099-NEC for the year 2023, when I did not work for them in 2023, and he did not pay me any money in 2023. I know this payer; he has done something similar to me in 2017, sending me and others who used to work f... read more
TheWisdom ‎Posted April 15, 2024 | Latest post Wednesday by Bretonvia
I am a sole proprietor working in data science / computer science. I am doing a computer science masters program that "maintains or improves skills needed in my present work" and which does NOT "qualify me for a new trade." I qualify for the Lifetime... read more
jaxob ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Wednesday by Bsch4477
Where is a refund as an expenditure entered?
whartonsj ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post Tuesday by LenaH
Hello,how do I enter backdoor sep Roth conversion in TT desktop version home and business? Was on for 2 hours with 3 different TT experts and couldn’t figure it out. My 1040 4b is still showing that as Taxable Income. I entered the 1099R correctly an... read more
tbabeum ‎Posted March 12, 2022 | Latest post Monday by Kimhorn99
1099-misc is not used for merchandise sales at antique/consignment shops.
BettyMeck ‎Posted Saturday
I asked this question and got an answer saying that I CANNOT write it off since I do not own the house and another answer saying that the first answer is WRONG. I'm more confused than ever. Here's the question: I rented a home from someone 2 years ag... read more
pbmunkey ‎Posted March 16, 2022 | Latest post a week ago by LenaH
fat1-bjm ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by DoninGA
Where is the 50% credit for the self-employment tax entered?
whartonsj ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by VolvoGirl
In 2023, I self-prepared and filed my 2020 tax year return, where I itemized deductions and deducted state and local taxes and then received a state tax refund. For 2023 tax year return, which I am working on right now, can I include the state tax re... read more
neelay_das ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by VolvoGirl
I got out of military in Dec 2023 and I am confused whether I have to amend tax return because previous reported was 7700 and correct information is 7500. How do I go about this? Do I need to amend this?
dwk33190 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by KristinaK
Answers are the same as last year but this year I have a Net file error. Facts are the same.
dianastevens-the ‎Posted 4 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by dianastevens-the
i have not heard from urbotax nor the irs sice filing my 2023 taxes.
rolandfloyd ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by DoninGA
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies