Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mariedaud

I think there is an error in this program, it's showing I have an amount in taxable retirement income when I thought it was $0 and the number doesn't match anything I see

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

I think there is an error in this program, it's showing I have an amount in taxable retirement income when I thought it was $0 and the number doesn't match anything I see

Please check the retirement section if you have a Form 1099-R entry. If you didn't take any distributions in 2022 then delete any Form 1099-R listed:

1. Click "Wages & Income" (under Federal) on the left
  2. Scroll down and click "Show more" next to "Retirement Plans and Social Security"
  3. Scroll down and click "Start/Edit" next to "IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan (1099-R)
  4. Click "Delete" next to Form 1099-R

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mariedaud

Thanks for replying. I wasn't thinking straight at 2am. I couldn't look at the supporting schedules because I didn't pay yet. Not sure if I could pay, then wait to file while I research this and look at the supporting schedules in tools. So I took a look at the 1099-R's I had. Turns out the taxable box was filled in and added up to that amount. I just started receiving a pension last year and didn't think it was taxable on the federal form even though I knew retirement wasn't taxed in PA.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies