Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Education
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
On August 24, 2022, President Biden, Vice President Harris, and the U.S. Department of Education announced announced a three part student loan debt relief plan to help federal student loan borrowers following the pandemic. The three part plan include... read more
Community Manager ‎Posted August 24, 2022
jayden-18 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 9 hours ago by mesquitebean
My son is a US citizen studying at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. To file our taxes we need the EIN?TIN for the Vrije Universiteit but I cannot find it anywhere. Does someone know or know where to find it?Paul
pvdbroek ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Thursday by pvdbroek
Hello, I attended Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and I am having a hard time locating the EIN number. Last year I was able to do this successfully, but now I am getting errors and it says I am not eligible because there is no EIN number. What can I do?
kimsalas1230 ‎Posted January 3, 2021 | Latest post Thursday by Hal_Al
As a master's student and unpaid intern who also works fulltime on weekdays to pay the bills, I am about to graduate and then will be eligible to earn an hourly rate for counseling hours toward becoming a licensed therapist. I plan to put 3/4 of what... read more
reevarcoe ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Wednesday by reevarcoe
I worked for the university I attended, and part of the benefits was having my tuition covered. However, it came in the form of a refund. My parents paid my tuition and got the refund. They also listed me as a dependent in their taxes. Would I record... read more
danobi1 ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Monday by Hal_Al
The beneficiary of my 529 account is attending an accredited university and obtaining a degree in equine studies. There are certain supplies required for the courses. Are these qualified expenses?
Bill_Maier ‎Posted June 30, 2021 | Latest post Sunday by Hal_Al
I purchased a condominium for my dependent college student to live in while registered as a full-time student 800 miles from home. I realize that I can't use 529 funds to pay the mortgage on this property. Can I use 529 funds to pay utilities (electr... read more
bsoldick ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by Hal_Al
Hello! I am calculating someone's qualified educational expenses (to determine what part of a scholarship is taxable) and getting a number lower than their university provides for qualified educational expenses. I realize that the difference is reall... read more
PurpleOrangeMango ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by NCperson
Received 1098 interest refund, which is listed in Box 4 of the 1098. However, when entering the 1098, there is no box 4 to enter the amount into. Where do I enter this refund?
johnmandstacya ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by johnmandstacya
I paid $400 deposit by credit card for my son's college tuition on August 2023, but I forgot to get the reimbursement from the 529 plan. Can I get the reimbursements from the 529 plan now before the tax due or is it too late that I need to get reimbu... read more
YM23 ‎Posted March 20, 2024 | Latest post 3 weeks ago by joelevy
I am a student and, I qualify for the AOTC but I don't know where to bring up form 8863 in the TurboTax software can some one tell me how to file for it
danamagen ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by Hal_Al
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies