We need more details. Who does the child live with? Why would his grandma claim the child? Does he live with Grandma?
We live with her. And I think she thinks it’s okay cause I let her claim him last year but I never said she can claim him ever year. Its my kids I’m the one that Give brith to him and I support him. Yes we live with her for free .
the child must
1) be the taxpayer's child, stepchild, eligible foster child or descendant of any of them such as a grandchild or brother, sister half-brother, half-sister, stepbrother, stepsister or descendant of any of them such as a niece or nephew, legally adopted child or place with the taxpayer for legal adoption
2) be any of the following a) under age 19 at the end of the year b) a full-time student and under age 24 at end of the year c) or any age if totally and permanently disabled
3) have the same principal abode as the taxpayer for more than ½ the tax year (183 nights).
4) the child hasn’t provided over ½ his support
5) No joint return with the exception for a joint return filed only to claim a refund of tax withheld when neither spouse is required to file and no tax liability would exist for either spouse if separate returns were filed
6) Not be a qualifying child of another taxpayer with a higher priority under the tie-breaker rules
so you would unless you can be claimed as a qualifying relative by your grandma
1) meets the relationship test (same as 1 above) or lived in the taxpayers household for the entire calendar year
2) relative's gross income for 2019 less than $4,200
3) grandma provides over ½ your support