Some customers have experienced an update loop when attempting to e-file. When going through the file experience, you may receive a message that TurboTax needs to check for updates, after which TurboTax checks for update and none are found. When you continue through the filing process, TurboTax prompts you to check for updates again.
To fix this, re-install the latest updates.
- Launch TurboTax from the Applications folder.
- Select the TurboTax menu and press and hold the option key on your keyboard
- Select Download Latest Updates...
- Select Next when prompted.
- Once the updates are finished, select Continue and then Quit TurboTax and re-launch it from the Applications folder.
You can now e-file your taxes.