If you're using TurboTax Online and chose to pay your TurboTax fees with your federal refund, you may experience the following error when transmitting your return:
This occurs either when your account is on a billing hold or when Pay With My Refund was accidentally added twice to your shopping cart.
If your account is on a billing hold, please sign out and wait up to 24 hours for the hold to release.
If you have 2 refund transfer products in your shopping cart, follow the steps below.
- In the left menu, select Tax Tools
- In the expanded menu list, select Print Center
- In the TurboTax Print Center, select Print, save or preview this year’s return
- On the Like to print your return now? screen, select Pay Now
- This should fix your shopping cart and take you to the shopping cart screen
- You can now choose to pay for your return with a credit card or Pay With My Refund
Once you've paid, you'll be able to transmit your return.