TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

Do I claim pension or annuity income on my tax return?

by TurboTax Updated about 9 hours ago

Yes, pensions and annuities are generally taxable income. You should receive a Form 1099-R reporting your total distributions for the year for each plan.

We use the info from your 1099-R and your answers to a series of questions to determine the taxable amount of your distribution.

We've got help for entering your 1099-R. You can also search for 1099-R and select the Jump to link from the results.

More like this

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads