If you're having trouble installing TurboTax, try disabling your virus-protection software. After installing TurboTax, remember to turn your virus protection back on.
These instructions are a general guide. We can't provide specific instructions for third-party software. Check your software's help resources for more information.
- Close all programs that access the internet or files from the internet, including email (recommended)
- Locate your virus-protection software's icon in your system tray in the bottom-right corner of your screen
- Mac: Look in the top-right of your screen, in the white menu bar
- Right-click the icon, and then select Disable (or a similar option) to turn it off
- Once you've successfully installed TurboTax, repeat step 3, except this time select Enable to turn your virus-protection software back on