TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

Where do I enter or import a 1099-B?

by TurboTax Updated 3 months ago

Form 1099-B (Proceeds from Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions) reports the sale of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other securities.

Here's where you enter or import your 1099-B in TurboTax:

Note: If your TurboTax navigation looks different from what’s described here, learn more.

  1. Open or continue your return, if you haven't already.
  2. Select Search, enter 1099-B, and select Jump to 1099-B.
    1. You can also go to Federal, then Wages & Income, then Investments and Savings.
    2. Select Start or Revisit next to Stocks, Cryptocurrency, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other (1099-B).
  3. Select Okay! on the screen Time to kick off your investments! OR Yes on the screen Did you sell any of these investments? then Continue.
    • If you see Your investments and savings or Your investment sales summary, select Add investments or Add more sales.
  4. When you reach Let's import your tax info, choose how you want to enter your 1099-B:
    • To import your form, select your brokerage or financial institution from the list. Enter your sign-in credentials for your account, then select Get my form.
    • If you want to enter your 1099-B manually, select Enter a different way, then select your investment type on the next screen.
  5. On the following screens, answer the questions about your 1099-B.
  6. When you reach the Review your sales screen, the form you just entered should be listed.
    • If you need to add another 1099-B, select Add another sale. Otherwise, select Continue.

More like this

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads