If you didn't get your 1098 from your mortgage company by early February, you might be able to find this information on January's mortgage statement. Contact your lender if you think your 1098 is missing information or if you need help deciphering it.
Here's how to enter your mortgage interest statement in TurboTax:
- Select Deductions & Credits on Tax Home to open your return
- Select Your Home and select Mortgage Interest and Refinancing (Form 1098)
- You may need to select See all tax breaks to find this section
- Answer Yes to Did you pay any home loans in 2021? then Continue
- Type in the name of your mortgage lender
- Follow the instructions to enter the rest of the information on your 1098 form