Speak to customers the way you'd like to be spoken to. Casual language is preferable to formal in most situations. To speak more casually, try using:
- Exclamation marks
- Shorter sentences
An overly casual tone when the agent is denying a request can make a customer upset because it implies that the request isn’t being taken seriously.
Make sure to use a casual tone in the right customer service context. Go too casual at the wrong time, and the response may come across as unprofessional or inconsistent with the TurboTax brand.
Don’t use slang!
The following words and lines are examples of acceptable casual language if you feel like your statements are a little too stuffy:
- Thanks for waiting this out
- I’d love to help you with that
- That’s awesome/great/etc!
- I can fix that
- I appreciate your patience
- Thank you for remaining so positive
- Your business means a lot to us