You’ll need to link your external bank account in order to make your first deposit into your new Credit Karma Money Spend or Save account*. If you use multiple bank accounts, make sure to choose carefully as you cannot change your linked external bank account at this time.
When you link your external bank account to your Credit Karma Money Spend or Save account, you will need to log into your external bank using your online banking credentials. Your bank may also require you to complete a multi-factor authentication step such as entering a code they send to you in a text message.
Troubleshooting linking issues
Are you seeing this message? “Please try connecting a different account. There was a problem processing your request. Your account could not be connected at this time.” If you do, it usually means that there was an issue getting a response from your bank. This may be due to an issue with the bank’s site or scheduled maintenance. You can often link your account if you try again after a few hours.
For other errors when you attempt to link your external bank account to your Credit Karma Money Spend or Save account, try the following:
- Make sure you have online banking enabled for your accounts.
- The name on your bank account must match the name on your Credit Karma Money Spend or Save account in order to link it.
- Log in to your online banking account on your bank’s website. If you are having trouble with your credentials, your bank can help you regain access to your accounts.
- If you have multi-factor authentication enabled with your bank, make sure you are able to use it successfully to access your account.
- You may need to contact your bank for assistance with multi-factor authentication issues.
If you have tried all of the steps above and still cannot link your account, you will need to try linking a different bank or you will not be able to fund your Credit Karma Money Spend or Save account.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC. Maximum balance and transfer limits apply.