Credit monitoring can help you spot errors or suspicious activity on your credit report and is free for all Credit Karma members.
To enable credit monitoring, follow the instructions below:
- Hover over Profile & Settings on the top right
- Click Communications & Monitoring in the drop down menu
- Next to Email Me Important Notification, click the radio button for On
- Check the box next to Credit Monitoring
On Mobile App
- Tap the three-dot icon in the top right
- Tap Settings under General
- Check the circle next to Credit monitoring
If the box or circle next to Credit Monitoring is checked, and you're not receiving notifications, then try clicking the box or circle twice to un-check and re-check it.
With Credit Monitoring turned on, you’ll receive notifications when important changes occur on either of your credit reports with TransUnion or Equifax. This can help alert you to potentially fraudulent activity you may not have otherwise known about such as new hard inquiries made without your permission or new accounts you didn’t open.
If you notice an error in your credit report, you can dispute it. See how to dispute incorrect information with TransUnion and Equifax.
Here’s an article with some other ways to protect yourself from identity theft.