The local school district pays me a one-time stipend for my coaching. This is reported on a W2 with all deductions. This is part of my business and the contract is year to year. How do I report this self-employed business income?

As a soccer coach, I get paid for coaching teams and running camps or other training sessions.  This past year I only received income for coaching a school soccer team.  This is a 1-year renewable contract that pays a one-time stipend (even though the work is year-round).  
This income is reported on a W2 with all deductions made.
I always complete the self-employed tax forms but in the past had other income sources and appropriate 1099's.  This year I have no 1099 and my only business income was from the school contract.  Where do I report this income since it was already reported and taxed as a W2?

Answer

You can not report that income as business income. The W-2 means it's wages and that's the only way to report it.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Original
SuperUser

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Ttse