why did you take 79$ out of my bank acct when the fee's are supposed to come out of my federal return which hasn't come in yet

Answer

Sounds like the IRS is taking too long to send your refund.  See What if the IRS reduces your refund or delays it.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2552376-what-if-my-federal-refund-isn-t-enough-to-cover-my-turbotax-fees  

And, Why you got charged,

When you filed your 2018 tax return, you chose Pay With My Refund, which lets you deduct your TurboTax fees from your IRS tax refund instead of paying them with a credit or debit card.

Per the Refund Processing Agreement, you authorized us to debit your bank account if your refund was insufficient to cover your fees:

In addition, by clicking the "I Agree" button below, you electronically sign and authorize Intuit (through its third party processor) to debit the TurboTax Fees, Additional Products and Services Purchased and any applicable sales tax from your bank account number identified in the Agreement below, in the event that you do not receive a tax refund that is sufficient to pay for them.

Before we debited your account, you would have received 4 emails from us:

1. An email with instructions to pay your TurboTax fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any) online by a certain date.
  2. Two more followup emails asking that you either pay or request a deferment to prevent the fees from being automatically debited from your bank account.
  3. A final email letting you know that we're debiting the fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any) and that the auto-debit process cannot be stopped.

You can also be auto-debited if you signed up for Pay With My Refund and your refund is sufficient, but the IRS is still holding your refund 36 days after your original estimated refund date. In this case, you'll get the same email notifications from us, except we will debit the Pay With My Refund fee (if any) in addition to your other TurboTax fees.

GEN81646
p_cg_tto_us_lc_na_question:L3rDdVynu_US_en_US

You should have received 4 emails asking for the fees.  If you don't pay they will debit your account.  You had to agree to it.
Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Original
SuperUser
1 additional answer

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default