I received a letter saying I need to fax the IRS my 1095A Form. Will my refund be held if I don't provide it by the 15th?

My wife and I have been traveling out of the country and didn't have the time to respond promptly to the IRS about extra documents (1095A and 8962 Form) we needed to provide. I'm curious as to what will happen next? Will the IRS hold my refund until we provide the documents? Or will they adjust it accordingly? If so, how long until we'll see some if any of the funds? 

Also, checking my transcripts show we didn't even file for 2018, but it was noted as accepted on my Turbo Tax account. 

Thank you for any answers, 

Answer

when you comply with the IRS letter according to their instructions, IRS will resume the processing of your tax return. It will take several weeks to finish up.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Original
Member

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default