I'm disabled & not working. I receive about $1000 per year from sales commissions when self employed over 4 years ago. How should I fill out questions for a 1099-MISC?

I'm disabled and have been unable to work for the past 4 years but still receive sales residuals ($1020.00) from a previous company I worked with when self employed. The questions asked for the 1099-MISC entry don't really apply to my current situation as the questions are geared to those who are still in the work force.  I'm not self-employed any longer and didn't do any work over the past several years to earn this income so I'm not sure how to answer the required questions. Any assistance with this sections would be greatly appreciated.

The income is not "from my main job" (as I don't have one) nor is it from work "like my main job".

On the question regarding uncommon situations, should I check "this was a commission, bonus, prize, award, etc. from a payer who was not Karri's employer?" or would I select "none of these apply" ?

I used to be self employed but no longer. Will I keep getting these questions every year even though I've indicated I no longer have a business and not self employed? I do  not have any deductible expenses as I no longer have a business or self employed.

I will continue to receive these residuals until policies are no longer valid.

I could really use some guidance... Thank you.

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Ttse