Can I claim rental income on a property that a relative owns (and I am not on the title)?

I'm living with my mother and paying for her expenses, including the mortgage. We collected ~$5k of rent last year from a housemate. If my mother files her taxes including this rental income, her income will exceed $4,150 and she will not qualify as my dependent.

Can I claim that income on my tax return in order to claim her as my dependent and file as head of household, even though my mother owns the property and the lease to our housemate is under her name?

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default