What percentage of the total business deductions am I allowed to deduct against the Gross Profit each quarter to determine the amount I will pay SECA taxes on?

I am a Rideshare Independent Contractor and filed using all the appropriate forms (Sched C and SE Tax Worksheet, etc) via TurboTax Self-Employed but the amount of the business deductions I am allowed to take on my return were less than what I manually calculated.  Is that because I can only use a percentage of the total amount of business deductions allowed and not dollar-for-dollar?

Rather than using actual car expenses, I used the Standard Mileage Deduction for both on-trip and off-trip miles at $0.545/mi for 2018 the business usage of; my phone, iMusic Membership and supplies for passengers. (Wasn't sure if car washes and business usage of car insurance were included in the Standard Mileage Rate deduction)  It was the mileage deduction that kept coming out less, so that is why I ask.

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Ttse