My State refund said I would see $597 and when I got the deposit it was only for $289.01. Did I really pay $307.99 to have my taxes done???

Under order details it only gives me the following information: 

Date:
January 22, 2019
Order number: [removed]

Total Price (taxes included): $79.98

Items ordered:
2018 TURBOTAX ONLINE DELUXE TAX YEAR 2018 PREP
2018 TURBOTAX ONLINE STATE WI TAX YEAR 2018 PREP

So I am confused as to why I have no actual receipt to see why I was only paid $289.01 out of $597.00.

Answer

No.  You do NOT have $307.99 in fees.  

Your product fees do NOT come out of the state refund.  The fees come out of the Federal refund.  Have you received your Federal refund yet?

Your product fees in Deluxe were 79.98.  If you chose to pay those fees out of your Federal refund, there will be an additional 39.99 service fee (44.99 for California filers.)   So your total would be either 119.97 or 124.97.    But that comes out of the Federal refund.

Your state refund amount is lower than what you expected for some other reason.

Look at your actual state return to see what your state refund amount was supposed to be.  If the state tax agency lowered your state refund amount, you should get a letter from them in about 3 weeks or so explaining why.   Or you can call them and ask.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901670-how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Default user avatars original
SuperUser

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default