can i get the advance on my netspend card

i have a netspend card already can i get the advance on that instead of the turbo tax card 

Answer

2 people found this helpful

You can only get the Refund Advance on a new Turbo Prepaid Card.

While completing your taxes with TurboTax®, you may have the opportunity to apply for Refund Advance provided by First Century Bank, N.A. Member FDIC1 on a Turbo Prepaid Visa Card issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC.

How do I access my Refund Advance funds?

You will receive an email with instructions on how to create your online account. Once your online account is set up, you will receive temporary card information that you can use to spend online. You should receive a physical card in the mail within 5-10 business days after the IRS accepts your return.

Can I get the Refund Advance on my own debit card, a Turbo Prepaid Card I already have, or directly deposited into my bank account?

You can only get the Refund Advance on a new Turbo Prepaid Card. If you received a Turbo Prepaid Card last year, you’ll need to create a new account and receive a new card to receive your Refund Advance funds for this year. You won’t see the funds if you log in with the account you made last year.

I selected the Turbo Prepaid Visa Card for my refund. Does this mean I’m going to get a Refund Advance?

No. You must select Refund Advance, not Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, on the How would you like to receive your federal refund? screen. This is the only way to apply for a Refund Advance. Here’s an example of what you’ll see if you have the opportunity to apply for a Refund Advance.

Screenshot of Refund Advance option in TurboTax mobile app

If you select the Turbo Prepaid Visa Card option, the IRS will deposit your refund onto a Turbo Prepaid Visa Card after they have processed your return and issued your refund.

Can I get the rest of my Federal refund through another payment method (like a paper check or direct deposit)?

No. Once the IRS issues your refund it'll be loaded to your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, minus your Refund Advance amount and any other agreed upon fees.1

Why haven't I received my Refund Advance after 48 hours?

You’ll receive your Refund Advance 48 hours after your e-file is accepted by the IRS. This differs from 48 hours from when you e-filed your taxes through TurboTax or selected that you wanted refund advance. The IRS will begin processing and accepting e-filed returns on January 28.

1Important offer details and disclosures

L2CREU0FF
p_cg_tto_us_lc_na_question:L2CREU0FF_US_en_US

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Default user avatars original
TurboTax Product Support

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default