Can my ex claim our child? Court for child support, they said that the father was paying for more than half of the living expenses, but she only lives with me all year.

Ok, so I'm very confused, the father of my child gets to file taxes for our daughter two out of three years because the court said that he earns more than I do, and because hes supposedly contributing more than me economically, he gets to claim her. The part that I don't understand is how is that possible if she lives me with me every year and always has lived with me, the amount he 'contributes' wouldn't even cover rent, let alone all the other expenses that goes into taking care of our child. So how is it that it was determined that he is contributing more than I am? Can I report this to the IRS?

1 additional answer

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default