I am self employed. Line 2 of Section B—Long Schedule SE Part I Self-Employment Tax is doubling my reported Soc Sec Wages. Any reason turbo tax is doubling my income?

The doubling of my income is causing line 57 and 62 of my 1040 to be wrong.  First because it doubles my Soc Sec Wages in the Schedule SE it causes my owed Self employment tax to be 2x what it should be.  Also given this 2x means I exceeded the Medicare cap of 250k I also have to pay tax on line 62.

Answer

It may be best for you to talk in real time to TT Customer Support . They can even screen share with you if necessary to see what is going on.   
Here's how to be assigned a phone number to the proper department at TT Customer Support during the business hours shown below (it will not display when they are closed).

1) Go to 
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
2) Choose the product platform you are using.
3)  Ask a question or keywords without quotes, and Submit.
4)  On next page, skip the suggested articles if they don't help.
5) Scroll down, and you should be able to enter the Support module to get a phone number. (That will be grayed out when they are closed).

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Default user avatars original
Member
1 additional answer

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default