Is my injured spouse form nightmare almost over with???? got a closed date FINALLY!!! Help!!!

IRS received my ISF on 5/22.... last week I received a paper in the mail because I had left out two parts of Part 3 of my form. I faxed my paper in the same day at my local library. My husband just called and the tax advocate told him we finally have a closed date of 07/30!!!!!! She also said there were no adjustments so we should get the full amount!! She also said it takes 2-4 weeks to get a paper check but now my anxiety is OUT OF THE ROOF!!!!!!!!! Has anyone reading this got their refund yet? If so, how long after your closed date?? What should I expect now?? Thanks in advance!

Answer

1 person found this helpful

You are not going to find anyone on this forum to commiserate with you ... all you can do is wait patiently for the IRS to send the check which they will do in their own time. 

Next time file the ISF WITH the efiled  return so you don't have to go thru this again.  OR better yet,  just pay the outstanding debt so there is no offsets any longer and the ISF is not needed ... just my personal opinion as a taxpayer that pays my bills timely. 

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Default user avatars original
Member

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default