Why does TurboTax not report PA income on a DE return but it does deduct PA taxes?

I am a resident of DE and my wife and I receive retirement and investment income on which I pay state and federal taxes. I have a natural gas lease in PA that produces substantial income. TurboTax did not include my PA income on my DE return but did deduct taxes paid to PA from my DE return - which resulted in a large refund from DE, which they are refusing to pay until I submit my PA return to them. TurboTax missed the need to send a PA return to DE and did not include the PA income on the DE return as is required. At DE's request, I am submitting my PA return to DE via email and I suspect they will modify my DE return to include gas royalty income from PA and wipe out my refund. TurboTax needs to be updated to handle this situation.

Answer

To call TurboTax customer support
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number
They are available from 5 a.m. to 5p.m. Monday - Friday Pacific time.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Default user avatars original
Rising Star

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default