How do I get a refund for electronic filing?

It costed more to have the costs taken out of my return so I decided to use my card, thinking it wouldnt take the amount until I actually hit file. There would be no problem if I could file but Ive hit a bump I cant bypass so I need to speak to a tax specialist so we can go through my taxes together, BUT as soon as I put the card information in, the payment was taken. I cant use turbo (because of the bump) but they already took my money for filing eventhough I havent. Is there a way to stop the payment before I contact my bank about it?

Answer

You will need to speak directly with a TurboTax support agent for a refund of the purchase.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

To contact TurboTax customer service/support use their contact website during business hours.  If the problem concerns any type of refund for fees, use the key words billing issues and do Not use the word Refund or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.

Submit your question/problem during business hours and then use the option for Call (a phone number will be provided for Call) to speak directly with a TurboTax agent -

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Default user avatars original
TurboTax Product Support

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default